Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, and to provide information to the owners of the site. Below are details of the cookies we use and why.
International Festival for Business cookie (_ifb_sesson)Contains a session identifier which is needed so we can serve content. It expires at the end of the session.
Google Analytics (ga)These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site. We use it to compile reports to help us improve the site. Information is collected in anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where they have come to the site from, and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manager and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Visit this website
- Sign up with us to take part in the Digital Matching Scheme, the Meet the Buyer Scheme (which may include the business opportunities board), and the International Festival for Business Club
- Contact us with enquiries, comments and complaints about any of the above
Visitors to the IFB2016 website:
Digital Matching Scheme, Meet the Buyer Scheme and Business Club Membership
We collect and use information as follows:
- To administer your registration/ membership of the following schemes, to send you updates and changes, and to deal with any questions, suggestions, negative comments or complaints you have raised with us:
- Digital Matching Scheme - to connect you with businesses and organisations who you want to meet and/or who we think may be of interest to you, which may include our event sponsors and partners from past, current and future International festival for Business events;
- Meet the Buyer Scheme - we will pass on your application to the relevant buyers who may then choose to contact you (although they will be under no obligation to do so);
- International Festival for Business Club – to receive a range of exclusive benefits, products and services. To facilitate networking opportunities your details will be available to other International Festivle for Business Club Members; only once you accept a connection will your contact details be exchanged.
- All the information you submit to us when registering for one of the above schemes. This includes when you sign up via the relevant area of our website, or through any other method you use to contact us to enquire about these schemes or from your participation in them. This could include your name, contact details, business type, the sector in which you operate, and any other description you give of your business and/or your location;
- You will have to provide some of the information listed above in order to take part in these schemes, which will be clear at the point you provide it. Please ensure that your registration details provided for the above schemes remain accurate and up-to-date.
- For the purposes of any business opportunities board we may operate where we will display basic information about your business opportunity allowing other businesses who have registered with us and are interested in working with you, to contact you;
- We may share your contact information and details of your interests shown in your involvement with IFB2016, with the UK Department for Business Innovation and Skills (‘BIS’) as the sponsors of the International Festival for Business. BIS may use this information to contact you in the future to ask about the impact on your business of participating in the International Festival for Business. We may also contact you following an International Festival for Business event for monitoring and evaluation purposes so that we may gather your feedback directly.
- With local authorities and local enterprise partnerships across the Liverpool City Region and nationally who may be able to provide you with advice to assist you in engaging with the International festival for business;
- We may collect certain technical information about the device you use to register for example the Digital Matching Scheme, Meet the Buyer Scheme and International Festival for Business Club (such as its unique identifying code or IP address, operating system and browser and geographic location) according to the particular scheme(s) you register for. Much of this information is collected by cookies and similar technologies used on our website and in relation to our emails. Please visit our Cookies Page for more information.
Keeping you in touch
We may contact you from time to time on/at the email, telephone and address you provide us with in our dealings with you, or from any externally sourced lists we may use from time to time to help keep your contact details up to date. We will use the information we gather from our dealings with you and your involvement in IFB2016 events, to personalise these communications to you, for example, to reflect particular things you may like, dislike or that we think you may be interested in. We may contact you about our future events or opportunities and our products and services, or those of selected third parties such as our partners and sponsors connected to IFB2016 initiatives and its past, current, and future events. This may for example be by emailing you a link to their website. We may also share these contact and profile details with such third parties for them to contact you in the same ways. Please return to the IFB2016 website from time to time to keep updated on our partners and sponsors.
Other uses of your information
We use and share your information in the context of the above schemes, and more generally, as set out below:
For administrative, auditing, historic research, statistical analysis and evaluation purposes, including the maintenance of appropriate records.
To create statistical and aggregate information (which we may retain indefinitely) for internal management and evaluation purposes and to share externally (in a form which does not identify or link you or your company individually) to help understand preferences, business trends for the improvement our services and those of our partners and sponsors.
Any information you provide to other people, where you give them permission to share that information with us, or otherwise where they can lawfully do so.
To ask if you would like to participate in any surveys or research we are conducting or involved in.
With third parties we engage in the running of our business under appropriate privacy agreements (eg our service providers and advisers)
Transferring your personal information outside the UK
Although we are a business based in the UK, we may need to send the information you provide to us to businesses and other organisations that are based overseas so that you may get maximum benefit from our Digital Matching Scheme and our Meet the Buyer Scheme. We may also do this in the general running (eg when engaging service providers). The information may be transferred to, stored and used at premises and in systems in countries around the world, including the United States of America. Whilst we endeavour afford it the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection laws (eg by imposing appropriate obligations on the recipients of the information in such countries) such countries may not necessarily offer the same level of protection as these UK laws.
Whilst we endeavour to keep your details secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online and any data you transmit is at your risk. Once received, we will use strict procedures and security features to protect it.
Links to other websites
If we already hold personal information about you, we will not substantially change the way we use it without notifying you and obtaining any necessary consents beforehand. If you have registered for any of the Digital Matching Scheme, Meet the Buyer Scheme or International Festival for Business Club and we notify you of any change to that scheme(s), your continued use that scheme(s), will be treated as your agreement to such change.
How to contact us
You can email us at [email protected] or write to us at The Capital, 39 Old Hall Street, Liverpool L3 9PP, regarding the following:
- To update your contact details or if you are concerned that any of your personal details we hold is incorrect or out of date
- If you wish to exercise your subject access rights – subject to a small fee, you can ask us to tell you if we hold your personal data and if so (subject to certain exceptions) to provide you with a copy of it
- If you no longer wish to participate in the Digital Matching Scheme, Meet the Buyer Scheme, or the International Festival for Business Club